Monday, December 10, 2012

Nail Art

Last week I have a nail art trend a whirl... To be safe I started with the easiest thing I saw on Pinterest, the multicolored nails look.  Pretty much you just pick a finger and paint it a different color than the rest.  Not quite "nail art" but for the sake of this post we will count it! :)


Next, I found this Coral stripe version with a great OPI nude base color. Again on Pinterest!

Feeling gutsy, and armed with my scotch tape and  $1 e.l.f. polishes from Target I went to town.  Being impatient I didn't let the base coat (Desert Haze) dry completely before I put the tape down and of course it peeled off bits when I removed it.  Round 2 I waited for the base coat to dry before taping them and it actually worked!  Good things do come to those who wait :)

 Now obviously I realize this isn't salon quality, but I don't think it qualifies as a pintrosity either.  So for this week I will enjoy my $2 home mani until I find my next pinspiration!

*top color = Fab Fuchsia from e.l.f. 

No comments:

Post a Comment